Monday 13 September 2010

Hands-on

Before I get started... Hi Joe.  If you're reading this, thanks for the encouragement :).  If anyone else I know is reading this blog please let me know, it will encourage me.

So where were we?  Ah yes, 2.1.2.  This sub-section is about senses and perception, and the present.  All sounds to be audio recorded using microphones, all instruments to be played using my hands, a hands-on sensory experience. I had a previous attempt yesterday, when things didn't go quite right while trying to play a conga.  Part of the problem was I couldn't find the stand. Yesterday evening my wife found it (thanks wife) and used it to suspend a jelly bag to strain some stewed up crab apples (phase 1 of crab apple jelly).  Today I got it back so I used it.  I also changed the metronome click from 4/4 to 8/8 and found it easier to follow.

So to start off with there was conga playing, two tracks of it, and then some classical guitar picking and chords - again two tracks.  These were all played pretty much in one take each.  There is a "verse" with a chord sequence of C C Am Am F C G G and a chorus with chords C C G G Am F C G.  and the structure is verse, verse, chorus, verse, chorus, chorus and then an ending over a held Fmaj7

Over this I did some soloing, again classical guitar, several takes and done in bits, but no other "cheating" involved.

Again marinading needed, but it's nice and mellow, and has good dynamic range which I like

No comments:

Post a Comment